Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Journal 4/10/07

What will we do when the music stops? Will we still have that spring in our step or will we simply go to the side lines and stop dancing? When the scriptures tell us to make melodies in our hearts; can we do that when the music is not there? What will we do? Will we be those kind of Christians who live off the past work of the Lord? Will we only reminisce of the good times when the dance floor was full of life? Will we live in that place where we don’t move forward but stay in that place where we think about the past as we try to live our current life off the times of the past?

I think of the stars in heaven. You look at those stars and you say, “Wow that is a beautifully bright and shining star!” But most of us know that when we look at a star, we are not seeing the light of the star that was shining that day. The light that we are seeing could take 5 years to reach the earth.

That means that when we look at the brightness of a star and see that is it shining brightly, it could have already died. We are only seeing the light that it once had. One day we will see ultimately that it is dead but that will take some time.

I wonder how many of our walks with the Lord are built on and are living in the past. What a word for us right now. What a word for me! Are we living in our past experiences with God? Are we saying that was a great work of God? It certainly was. But what is going on today? Is our walk with the Lord like that star that is shining but is really already dead? Is it just the light of the past that we are living on that will ultimately fizzle out? Where are we at with the Lord? For me; I have been living in past glory. I have not been living on the current fresh living word of God and I fear that if I remain in this place that the light may fizzle out if it is not already dead.

The solution: Repent. That is all that I need to do. I simply need to repent and turn to the Lord. I no longer need to live in past glory but in new fresh living glory. God is so good and I am so grateful that he loves me the way in which he does. There is such a beautiful simplicity when it comes to Jesus. He really makes it easy for us to simply sit with him.

The Lord desires to do a new work in all of our lives, but we must move forward. We have to leave the dance floor of the past and move on. We MUST move forward…..will we? What will you do? We must leave the elementary things of the past and move on to the finer dances of life. The dances now can be way more intimate than ever before, as the Lord desires to take us from the fast dances of childish faith to the finer slower, intimate dances where he takes our hand and leads us in the most intricate and interwoven steps where we become one with him.

What will we do when the music stops? I don’t know about you, but I am going to get ready for the next dance…..as I wait for the Lord of the Dance.