Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My Friend

If time would have told me; where my life would be
I would of known Jesus; had mercy on me
For back in the day; when loneliness set in
The Lord showed me His love; He brought me my best friend.

Even before; all of man's time began
The Lord had my best friend; as part of His plan
He fashioned my friend; to be there for me
He answered my prayers; before my 1st plea.

And all through the storms; and in all the rain
The Lord gave me my friend; to help with my pain
And as lightning struck me; and inflicted my soul
My friend helped me up; out of the deep hole

I thought I would die; as I started to drown
My friend picked me up; and helped me to dry ground
Through all my grief; as I lived in despair
My friend’s arms embraced me; as my friend truly cared

Here’s another case; where the scriptures are true
One isn’t enough; it’s better to have two
For when a man hurts; and needs a helping hand
It sometimes takes two; to help one man stand

So thank you my Lord; for sending my friend
Your love towards me is; too much to comprehend
You love me so much Lord; that you have blessed my life
For my best friend is Jessica, my soul-mate and wife!