Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My Mom

There once was a time, when I saw no hope
Of my mom getting saved, as she was on dope
She lived man to man, never stayed in a place long
The life that she lived, was totally wrong

Though she had trials, all throughout her years
She never looked up, she looked to her peers
With all the excitement that her sinful life brought
She never expected that she would be caught.

She never got busted; she was not caught that way
She reclined in her sin as she became prey
For Satan had blinded the eyes of my mom
She was one tick away from an exploding bomb

If left to herself, she would self destruct
She said to herself “My life really sucks!
My son is a preacher, he preaches to me
I’ll seek his advice” and so she sought me

She stayed at my house, while I wasn’t there
She hosted a night dedicated to prayer
While one person came to the meeting that night
He was led to my mom to help her get right

He spoke of the truths and the freedoms in Christ
He spoke of her debt and how God paid the price
The words that he spoke pierced my mom like a sword
She got on her knees and cried out to the Lord

So my mom was renewed as she had just got saved
She had a new life, she was no longer depraved
She got me on the phone, and she told me the news
As I jumped for joy I screamed out WOO HOO!!!

So now my mom’s saved, do the blessings end here?
I’m telling you no, and I hope that it’s clear
For what happens next as this story unfolds
Only happens in dreams, where all things turn to gold

I discipled my mom, and to my total surprise
She came to me; when she was baptized
So I baptized my mom, she was baptized by me
She once lived in the flesh, now her flesh was fleeing

She’s no longer on drugs or living with men
For God took away, all her cravings for sin
She’s always in church, and she prays you see
She now walks with God, right there in Tennessee

So this is one story in the life of my mother
I know she has many, and I’m sure there’ll be others
My mom is now saved and I love her a lot
One of God’s creations; her name is Deborah Scott