Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Journal 10/19/05

I have been on this journey for a while in my spiritual life. And there have been times where the sun was shining and the skies were blue. And then there have been times where the sky turns black as the storms come in. Well, for the last two years, the skies have been black. Not just from a normal storm, but from the blackest, darkest ugliest storm. It was like pollution filled the air and all I could see was the blackest smoke as it choked the very life out of me causing my heart to fail me.

Well, the storm has again past, yet I lay here scarred from the inflicting damage that this dark storm has caused. Yet I have hope. This storm past awhile ago and I have been in a dark season of healing for a very long time. And I am not fully healed yet. But the Lord gave me a picture in my minds eye. I can see in my minds eye the Lord doing heart surgery on me. I am lying there totally wounded and inflicted yet at the same time, I see my heart in the hands of my Master. He is gently healing my heart. And though this is extremely painful; I am overjoyed that the Lord has my heart. I am blessed to know that the Lord is so near to me as He holds my very life blood in his hands. I love being this close to the Master as he heals the wounds. And though I am still in surgery so to speak, I know that once the Lord has done what he needs to with my spiritual heart, then the time of healing will begin. This really excites me.

Thank you Jesus; for loving me as much as you do. I am so grateful that you hold my heart and that you actually heal the wounded and afflicted. You are incredible and I am overwhelmed with a passion that at moments in time; consume me. I know that you have this same passion for me; yet your passion is at all times. I love you Lord; not like I ought to; but as Peter said; I love you as a friend. I want to love you more deeply; more fervently with more passion; and I need you to work that love into my heart as you hold and mold this new spiritual heart that you are giving to me. Thank you for everything; you are the greatest!

Bill Scott, Sr.