Thursday, February 01, 2007

Journal 2/1/07

Father,

Why do I leave your presence? There truly is no other place that I would rather be. Yet I find myself out of your presence when I ought to never leave it. Why can’t I sit with you and remain sitting with you every minute of every day? Can you help remind me Father when I do leave your presence? Because a lot of the time I don’t notice me leaving your presence, I just realize that I am not in it.

I can’t believe how incredibly wonderful you truly are. You blow me away and I want to be absorbed in your fragrance. I want to know you inside and out. I long to be held by you and kissed by you as a Father would kiss his kids.

I feel so safe with you. I feel your acceptance and I feel your love. I want to make myself vulnerable to you knowing that I am precious in your sight. Oh, how I desire to be clean and I thank you that you are the one who can and who does cleanse me fully. Please help me to make my home in your presence.

You are so real to me and you are so alive. You truly care and I simply desire to humble myself before you as I come close to you and worship you for who you are. You are so beautiful. Your grace upon me, your love towards me in a good way is almost too much to bear. But how thankful I am that you call me as your own. Oh, please keep me here wrapped in your arms. My Father, Abba, I love you and I want to do your will. I want to walk in your ways all the days of my life. Help me to simply remain in your presence forever….as you hold my hand.

Thank you for singing a song over me and giving me sleep for my eyes. I am a wretch Lord, I have already been in the flesh a million times today. I am so rude and so heartless. I am cold and cruel and I don’t like that about me. I am messed up Lord. I have issues.

Yet you call me to you and I am compelled by your essence to come. You are my resting place, and there is no other place where I can be me and be accepted than when I am with you. Please, keep me in your presence today, tomorrow and all the days of my life. All I know is that I want you to reign as a king in my life and I want to serve in your courts forever.

Bill