Monday, March 06, 2006

Stand Tall

What can I say to these things if God is for me who can be against me?

I really love that scripture. I love it because so many times in my life it feels like God is against me and I feel like the world is against me. And if that were the case I would grow weary. But the truth is that God is for me and because He is for me, seriously, who is able to stand against me? They are standing against the Lord when they stand against me. I love that I have a father who actively cares for me. I love the fact that my father in heaven loves me so much so that he is willing to stand up and defend and protect me. We really are blessed to have our Creator who knows our “ins” and our “outs” to stand on our behalf. We are blessed that we have a father in heaven who actively pursues us. He has done it all. He saw that we stood condemned in our sin and then he planned a way to deliver us. He then paid the way for our salvation and sealed it in his own blood. Who can stand against us when we were bought at such a high price? The answer is; no one.