Sunday, May 15, 2005

Journal 5/15/05

Martin Luther once said that “God creates out of nothing, therefore until a man is nothing, God can make nothing out of him”. It is my desire to be a man whose heart is always in communion with the Lord. I want to be a fragrant offering to my God. I desire to be one whose praise is always sweet to His ear; realizing that it isn’t the words that flow from my lips that matter but the condition of my heart. I could sing with the best of them but if my heart is distant from Him then it doesn’t really matter because the Lord wants my heart.

Let us look at Him, at His glory, at His fullness and let us worship Him in sobriety and humility. Let us be a people who say, “Come, be my EVERYTHING”, realizing that as we do this our joy will be complete in Him. Let us surrender all that we are or all that we desire to become at His feet. You want my heart Lord, not my lips.

We have been given such a generous gospel, a gospel filled with the Masters passion for His people. Let our worship of the Master be born from this same type of passion. The Master longs to reach those who are lost. He hates and has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. Oh how we need to open our hearts and our eyes. Oh how we need to cry out for the nations.

O God, let salvation break out in our city. Please look down from Your throne where You are rightly exalted and take pity on those who despise You and Your word. When my frame is broken down, You are aware. Though a nursing mother may forget her child, You will NEVER forget us. Our names are inscribed on Your hand and our walls are continually before You. We want to be a people who throw ourselves recklessly into Your arms of grace. May we never forget Your presence in our lives Lord. May we totally abandon ourselves as we embrace Your grace and Your love for us wholeheartedly. Let our worship be genuine and sincere born out of purity and thankfulness for all that You have done.