Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Journal 5/3/05

Father,
Why do you love so much? I am amazed at your tenderness even when I come back from a season of rebellion and sin. Though my heart is hardened through sin, You never harden Your heart towards me. And I have to say thank you my Father. Please forgive me for putting you on a shelf for the last week or so. I have been trying so hard to find a house that I got caught up in the process and neglected you. Please forgive me.
I really want to experience you like never before. I need you to increase in my life as I learn to surrender and decrease. I am reminded of a friends song that ministers to me. My friend Aaron Hovivian wrote a song called "I Abide" and the words he penned seem to be my heart these days. These are the words:
Surrendering my all, to You alone Lord. For You alone can take this broken soul, and make me whole, Lord. Ashamed to bring to You my all, cause I know You know Lord, the shameful place I’ve been. I’ve been shattered by my sin. You know the shameful place I’ve been, I’ve been broken by my sin.
You are my hiding place O Lord, alone my refuge. For in the daylight Your love is surrounding me, and in the night You cover me by Your song. My heart is overwhelmed so to You I cry Rock higher than I!!! Cause I’m ashamed of where I’ve been. I’ve been broken by my sin. Please remind me where You’ve been.
My grave could not hold You, my death could not hide the riches of Your glory, that poured from the blood that flowed from Your side. In righteousness You have clothed me, in Christ I’ve come to hide. Because where my sin abounded, Lord Your grace did yet abound, that in You I might abide.
Lord, you really are wonderful. Thank you for being my God and my loving Father.
Bill