Monday, June 11, 2007

Journal 6/11/07

Father,

How many times will I waver and not do the right thing? God, you never change even though my circumstances change. And my circumstances change so much. I have a sense or a feeling of some sort, whether it is prophetic or not I do not know; but I sense an emergency upon the horizon. I sense some oncoming tragedy and I do not know if it is a personal tragedy or a national one but it is eminent and I can’t shake it.

If tragedy does strike at any level, will I waver Lord? Will I stand? Sometimes I long for tragedy in the sense that I am more in tune with you in those times than I am when things are well. Don’t get me wrong, I hate trials but the truth be told, I get so carnal and apathetic in times of blessing. And though I HATE and DESPISE trial and tribulation; I despise my carnality even more.

I long to be a man who walks faithfully before you and that doesn’t happen in times of blessing. But it does happen in times of tragedy at least for me it does. Actually I don’t think I ever walk wholeheartedly with you. Why wont I surrender and simply abide with you Jesus? What will it take?

Lord, if something is hovering over the horizon of my life or America or the world, please help me to prepare so that I can walk in the Spirit and do the right thing before you. Please prepare my wife and I and our family for what is to come. I want to live completely sold out to you and not get caught up and distracted over little things. Help me to keep my eyes on the finish line because I constantly lose sight and forget that I am in a race. Help me to run the race to win.

Bill