Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Journal 6/19/07

Father,

You are like a flowing river that starts to grow in the wastelands of my life, for you refresh my soul O Lord. You are like the tide that crashes upon the scorched land in my soul. You are refreshing and filled with life. You are the source and sustainer of life as your clouds of mercy pour out rain upon a weary people. You are so good. And though there is drought brought forth from the blistering heat of the sun, you bring shelter to the weary as your clouds overtake the harshness of the noon time heat. And I can feel the sprinkling of what’s to come. I can taste in a sense the mist coming from eternity. I can feel the sprinkle from the waterfall that crashes down the cliff. I can hear the rumbling power of the pouring water and it is serene and uplifting yet powerful and surreal.

Oh your water is so purifying. You wash me clean as I drink in your thirst quenching waters of life. The winds of refreshment are on their way as I know you are coming again soon for your bride. I feel like a drop of water in the ocean of God. There is such a security as I swim in the fountain of the Lord. I am at home and though the tide may come and go, I can be assured that you love me as I swim in the streams of your love for you are my life.

Oh how this water reflects the Son coming from the sky so clearly. You are incredible Lord Jesus. The icy caverns of my heart have melted away in your presence. I am looking up Lord, for I know the time for your visitation is coming. And each cloud that forms in the heavens only brings me closer to my hope as I ponder your return. You are coming again, Halleluiah! Come Lord Jesus, come quickly for your bride. We are desperate for you, for you have the water that will cause us to never thirst again, and we are a thirsty people Lord.

May I be found dancing in the ripples and waves as they emerge upon the horizon at your coming. May I float in the crystal waters before your throne in humility and meekness as I embrace you at your return. May you take pity on a wretch like me Lord Jesus and return quickly. How I long for that day. Please come for us. We await with eagerness to meet you in the air. Please come soon.