Thursday, June 07, 2007

Journal 6/7/07

Shall we accept good from the Lord and not adversity? That is a question to ponder when going through any trial in life. Why is it that we can get all excited and passionate with the Lord when things go our way yet at the 1st glimpse of adversity we question and accuse the Lord of wrong doing? This makes no sense to me. If God is faithful then he is faithful period, no matter what happens. And God IS faithful and he can be trusted. He is a good God who loves us and allows things to happen because he is wiser than we are and sees all things.

I desire to be a man who will love the Lord even if he chooses to take my kids lives, and my wealth and my health. Am I that man? I don’t think so, but I want to be a man who simply trusts in the Lord wholeheartedly all the days of my life.

One thing that I have learned over the years is that a lot of people throw out everything that they know to be true about God when they go through a difficult time. And instead of trusting in the only one who can change your circumstances or give you the endurance in the midst of the trial we tend to walk away from the Lord.

Let that not be so. When the trial is crashing upon us and we are in the power of a storm beyond our control that is when we MUST fall upon what we know to be true about the Lord. That is when we must trust Jesus. God is good and he loves me. And maybe it doesn’t feel like he loves me, but Romans 5:8 is the loudest declaration of Gods love for me that there is.

Romans 5:8, For God demonstrated his love towards me that when I was still a sinner, Christ died for me!

Case closed! That is the hard truth and God is good. He cannot think nor do anything that is evil. So my encouragement is when you go through the trial, and we all do; fall back on what you know to be true about the Lord and trust him.