Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Eternity

I saw in my mind something that was so real
And I need to share this; it’s not to be concealed
This vision I saw; totally blew me away
This vision came to me as I sat down and prayed

I was lifted up to the highest of heights
I saw the ground flee as I began this flight
The mountains grew smaller; the higher I went
The earth began to flee as I continued to ascend.

After what seemed like hours; since I began to fly
I saw a bright light; in the far distant sky
The closer I got; to this bright shining light
The more amazed I was; as I took in the sight.

Angels were flying all throughout this place
They were shouting out words that were showered with grace
The beauty I saw was a lot to behold
I saw waters of crystal and streets made of gold

Music was playing; and it seemed to abound
As melodies sang their harmonious sounds
My heart was rejoicing as I took in these things
My ears then heard the words; "Behold! It’s our King!"

My heart skipped a beat; as I instantly cried
These were tears of joy; like the tears of a bride
I cannot express the emotions I felt
My knees started shaking; my heart began to melt

I fell on my face as if though I were dead
I felt a strong hand; that was touching my head
I looked up to see; who it was standing there
My mouth dropped wide open; as I looked and I stared

Lifted to my feet; by this Man's strong Hand
I began to sob; as I started to stand
He then spoke a word, which made my heart go just wild
He said, "Welcome home, My son and My child!"

I could not believe it; as I stood there amazed
It was Jesus holding me; as my heart filled with praise
The King of all Glory; hugged me right where I stood
I was in pure bliss; and this felt very good

"Enter into your rest; Enter in it with Me
I love you My Child; and I hold the key
So let's go together; as one thing must occur
I need to present you; to My heavenly Father"

With His arms held around me; I felt so secure
I knew Jesus loved me; I knew this for sure
We walk into God's throne room; we walked into it slowly
I heard creatures saying; "Holy, Holy, Holy!"

A man stood alone there; in his own defense
As Satan accused him; the courtroom was intense
The man tried to explain; just why he was good
But God silenced him right there where he stood!

"Have you ever lied?" was a question God asked
The man just said "yes"; as he stood there and gasped
"Have you ever stolen? Answer me; answer NOW!"
The man shook his head yes; as sweat rolled off his brow

"I cannot allow unrighteousness in here.
You chose to live in sin; you refused to hear
Your decision was made; as I have now heard your plea
The verdict I pronounce on you is GUILTY!"

"Depart from me now; for I know you not!"
Were the words that God spoke; as emotions got hot
The man then departed; in total dismay
I heard weeping and wailing; as he was cast away

The heavens then fled; as I stood there and trembled
A thunderous voice spoke; as everyone assembled
I looked in this court room; with God as the judge
I froze there in my tracks; until I felt a nudge

My heart sank in horror as I too became tense
Satan smirked at me; as I stood in defense
I looked up at Jesus; as I cried like a flood
"My Child; don't worry; you sealed with My blood"

Satan started speaking; accusing me of sin
I stood there guiltily as I shook in my skin
After what seemed like hours; after all he had said
He looked right in my eyes; “Hey Bill, you are dead!”

I started to sob as I knew he was right
I thought I was to die; as I stood there in fright
Then all of a sudden when I thought all was lost
Jesus stood with me; and showed His Father the cross

He said nothing at all when He hugged my poor frame
I saw scars on his hand; as he called out my name
He then looked to the Father; showed his hands as a sign
He said, “Father, Bill Scott, was sealed; he is Mine!”

I wept and I wept as I heard the Lord speak
I was humbled and thankful as the Lord kissed my cheek
And though I stood there vulnerable and exposed
The Father pronounced to the courtroom “Cased Closed”

I leaped and I jumped as joy filled all my soul
The Lord fulfilled His word; as he has made me whole
And now here I am; resting in the Lord undone
Because a long time ago, I placed my trust in God’s Son!

So this was the vision; that I needed to share
It started one day; as I sat down in prayer
One thing is for sure; it is a guarantee
We’ll either live in heaven; or hell in eternity!

Written by Bill Scott, Sr.