Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Fallen

There once was a time when I stood up tall
Of course that was before I chose to fall
I stumbled and fell as I chose to give in
I listened to my heart and decided to sin

So I now reap from the fruit that I‘ve sown
As my heart becomes molded and shaped hard as stone
My flesh was once powerless; when I walked in God’s light
Yet now I am powerless; as my flesh extends its might

So what do I do as my flesh crushes me?
Do I call upon God and ask him to forgive me?
Sadly I don’t do this as this would be too wise
I fall deeper in sin as I fall into demise

I’m fallen, I’m fallen is all I can say
Yet not once do I look up to the Lord and pray
I do not repent and this causes more pain
I sink deeper in sin; as I’m bound and I’m chained

And of course I don’t see the bondage that I’m in
I think I’m ok; yet I’m not nor have been
Deception blinds my eyes and I think I’m ok
As my hard heart continues to decline and to stray

I crawl in my vomit and I drink it like water
Not realizing my sin leads me right to the slaughter
I think I can go on just like I am now
Eating up my sin as I down it like chow

Forgetting the judgment that will one day come
My sin makes my heart grow limp and grow numb
Devoured by my own lack of self control
If left to myself; I would crush my own soul

Yet there is still hope for a hard heart like mine
As my conscience convicts me and Gods light starts to shine
He looks into my darkness and exposes my shame
As he starts to change me; I am no longer the same

So yes I am fallen but forgiven as well
God takes me from the vomit and I start to excel
The Lord leads me to higher places than ever before
For I have now repented and have started to soar

I’m clean! I am clean are the new words I now say
I worship my God as I seek him and pray
Unworthy and humbled I come to His throne
Where I hear the words, “My son, welcome home!”

I stand there dumbfounded as I see the Lord’s love
I watch as his spirit descend upon me like a dove
I’m empowered as his spirit floods my saved soul
My hard heart is renewed as my spirit is made whole

My heart begins to break as I look all around
I see all my friends as they lay there all bound
They are all snared in the same sin I was in
I begin to pray hard as they are where I’ve been

I look past my friends and see my family as well
They are bound and are hurting yet they simply can’t tell
I start weeping and sobbing as I look further away
There are seas of lost people all bound as lost prey

I look up at Jesus as I hear him start to speak
“My son these are people who need Me yet are weak
Go to them and show them just how clean you are
And bring them to Me; bring them all from afar”

I replied to Jesus as I gazed at this sea
“There’s too many my Lord; how can I set them free?”
“You cannot my son; that is not your task
Just bring them to me; is all that I ask”

With God’s power upon me I do as I’m told
I go to my friends and I say, “Look, Behold!”
“I am clean! I’ve been washed; I am free from my bonds”
They just look up at me yet they do not respond

I speak louder and clearer as I grab on their chains
They begin to rebuke me; “Dude, are you insane?”
I stop in my tracks as I am caught off guard
“My friends, you don’t see this because your hearts are too hard”

In love I move forward and I continue my task
I bring each one to Jesus; just like he had asked
This toil overwhelms me as most people resist
They want nothing to do with me as they shake their fist

And though there are many too many to count
My heart cannot stop as I seek to help out
Each person I bring to my Lord without fail
He has freed them from chains; he has saved them from hell

So this is my task until the Lord takes me home
I will seek to bring people to Him wherever I roam
I do this because I can here the Lord calling
“My Son, there’s another, grab him; he has fallen!”

Written By Bill Scott, Sr. On 11/29/05