Friday, February 17, 2006

Go Ye therefore into all the nations....

The Lord has really been giving me a burden for the nations lately. I have a hunger to go to Mexico, Uganda, Sudan, England, Belize, and Turkey so that we can bring the gospel of peace to these people who have never heard it before. I have a desire to disciple and pour myself into the people here in Oregon and to watch as the Lord breaks our hearts and raises up some of us to go to these nations. By Gods grace I will be going to these places in the next few years. Most of my close friends are missionaries and pastors now. All of my intimate friends have been called to other places including myself as the Lord called me to Oregon. I believe that we have such an incredible opportunity in this time and age to bring the good news to our generation. What an incredible responsibility we have as the body of Christ. And as I sit back and see what the Lord has done; it so cool to see that all of my friends have been placed in strategic places around the world now so that by God's grace some of us here in Oregon can go to these places and minister alongside my friends in Christ as we invest in the things of eternity.

I have been currently talking with a friend of mine who is a pastor in Mexico as we are planning a trip for mid July. I am hoping that the Lord will orchestrate the events so that we can meet up with him as we go down to Mexico. I miss him and would love to see him and come alongside him to help in the work that the Lord is doing there.

And even this morning I was speaking with my best friend in California who is planning a trip for this April to go to Africa and England. He will be visiting the new churches that my friends have started in these countries to encourage them and to assist in whatever work is needed. When he gets back he and I will (By Gods grace; if He is willing) plan a trip where I can come along side him and another friend and revisit these places. And after that, (Lord willing) I will be able to bring others from my church up here in Oregon to come along side of us to labor for the gospels sake. So I am really excited and stirred up at the moment.

Please pray that these opportunities would pan out and that the Lord would use me in this fashion. We have been given such a generous gospel and I am not able to sit down and do nothing with it. I am compelled to spend my life for the One who spent everything on my behalf. So please pray that the Lord would guide and provide for what lies ahead on the horizon and that he would choose to use me as a tool in his hands.