Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hopeless

Where can I go where I won’t feel this way?
Can I run from myself when I become my own prey?
All that I am and all I will one day become
Means nothing at all when I feel like lost scum

My heart it condemns me and I don’t even care why
I live out my life though I would rather die
And these emotions are ruthless as they pour over me
I’m bound by my feelings as I drown here at sea

The sun scorches my flesh as I drift and I rot
I live out this life as I cope with my lot
And I am overwhelmed for no reason at all
I’m bound to my feelings like a chain on a ball

I feel weathered and naked as I shamefully drift
The currents of despair come upon me in shifts
So I lay here all wounded as I weep and I wail
I fight my emotions yet I do not prevail

Where can I run when I'm running from me?
For wherever I go, that is where I will be
I know I can't flee from this hell that I'm in
I can't flee from myself as I'm trapped in my skin

So I drift on in horror in my own raging sea
My emotions consume me and I simply can't flee
Though I know my God love me; I still must confess
I still live as though; I am completely hopeless.