Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Journal 10/10/06

As I look upon this road that the Lord has placed me upon I tend to wonder what is gazing upon the horizon? Will there be another trial? Will there be a time of rest? Maybe peace? Or will turmoil and blackness by lying there awaiting to pounce upon my wretched soul like a lion waiting for its prey?

And as I look to where I have been and where I have come from, I wonder how many times I took myself off the road that the Lord was leading me onto and turned to myself or to my sin as I blindly trusted in the things of the flesh and this world.

I am so blessed to be Your child Lord and I hope that I am not a child that you constantly have to rebuke and correct. Although, I would rather be rebuked and corrected than left to myself. You love me Jesus and I am thankful for the journey that you have placed me upon. I am thankful for the valleys now because they have given me an appreciation for the times when things are simple and beautiful in my life. Thank you.

Father,

I long to see Your glory and I desire to be a tool used in Your hands. You are so wonderful and I pray that if You choose to do so, that You would use me in any way that You desire. Please lead me by Your Spirit and help me to know when You are prompting me to move to the left or the right. Please give me wisdom Lord as You have said that you will give wisdom liberally to all who ask you for it. So Father, I am asking for wisdom. Help me to see what’s beyond the horizon in my life and in my family's life. And help me to prepare as I trust in You alone to sustain me.

In Jesus name I ask these things......So be it.....

Bill