Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Journal 10/4/06

Father,

I ask that you would burn the fire of your Spirit upon the alter of my heart. Help me to become more and more radical in my dependency upon you. Help me to remove the worldly garments and help me to put on the clothes of Your righteousness. Teach me what it means to be intimately acquainted with You.

You are so Holy and pure and I am so wicked and depraved, please cleanse me from my apathy and my complacency. Cure me from being mediocre and give me a passion for you and then for the nations. Give me a love for the people of my city and use me to reach out and share the wonderful news of the gospel to my neighbors. You are so wonderful Master and I am so glad that you love me as you do. Please do a work in my heart.

In Jesus name and on His merits alone I ask this……so be it!