Monday, October 02, 2006

How To Engage In Passionate Worship

Worship isn't staring at the band, it's not staring at words, it's not seeing how nice you can sing, it is about giving thanks and focusing on Jesus. And for that reason, I choose to close my eyes. Because when I look at other people, I think about them. And since worship is about Jesus, I want to close my eyes and remember what He did for me, and remember who He is.

Secondly, we worship for one reason... God is worthy. For that reason, it doesn't matter what is going on in our lives, sins, problems, etc... God is still worthy, even when we just sinned and for that reason we should worship as worship is based solely upon the Lord. Its about the Lord and it's to the Lord.

Third, emulate the worship yourself. Choose to worship yourself during worship, close your eyes, emulate Godly worship! And if we want people to do what is Biblical in worship... stand up, fall on your face, cry out, lift up hands...Worship the Lord with all that is in you.

Fourth, if you are leading worship then pick good songs. Don't pick songs about Jesus... ie: Jesus is good, Jesus is nice... Instead pick songs that are too Jesus. ie: I love you so much, thank you Jesus, etc...

Finally, worship is contagious, we were created for it, and if people start hearing that there is passionate worship going on, they will want to come out.

The Father desires those that... worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

It's His heart, and step out, and be ready to let God open up the floodgates of worship.