Thursday, December 15, 2005

Journal 12/15/05 - Humble Pie

Humble Pie….that is what I tend to eat these days. And my poor wife has had to deal with me speaking to her as if she were my toddler and not my best friend. Jessica; will you forgive me for speaking to you the way I have been lately? I did not even realize that I was doing that and I do apologize sincerely. You are my passion and my best friend and I am bummed that you have had to bear with me with my “tone” of speech. Again I love you with all that I am; and I pray that I would grow in this area of my life.

I would not be the man I am today or be able to do the things I do if it were not for the sacrifices that my wife has made. For example, let’s take ministering to the youth. My wife has had a burden for the youth for many years and I have only had a burden for them for this past year or so. Yet we don’t have a baby sitter on Thursday nights so my wife gets to stay home with the kids while I go out and minister to the high school kids. I am able to do what I know the Lord has called me to do and my wife can’t do that because in order for her to do that I would need to stay home. She is such an incredible example of how to love sacrificially. She does it every day and I bet she doesn’t even realize it. Thank you my love……you are the greatest thing that has happened to me apart from my salvation. And I still sing the song that the Lord gave me for you in my heart continually, for you are my butterfly and always will be. And may I say this as well; you are to me a lily amongst the thorns. Thank you for loving me; the unlovable.

So I wrote this song to my love 1 year before I asked her to marry me. I never told her that the Lord gave me this song for her; I hid it in my heart until the day I asked her to marry me. When I did ask her to marry me I played some worship songs with her and threw this song in the mix and then asked her to marry me. These are the words that the Lord gave me and they ring so true…I had no idea how true these words would be when the Lord gave me this song; but looking back the words have been so true. Here is the song:

My Butterfly

I want to say just what I feel
I thank You Lord for a love that’s real
You bless my life, I want to fly
I want to fly with my butterfly

Will you spread your wings and fly with me
Together now until eternity
This love we share does not compare
To a very rare diamond or ruby

Will you take my hand and fly with me
Through the winds of life, together we’ll see
The hand of God will guide you and me
Through the deepest seas, into the Heavenlies

With you in my life I can clearly see
What people call fate or call destiny
My butterfly, we are meant to be
I want the world to see how much you mean to me

I love you my butterfly
I want to be with you till I die
You are a precious gift to me
I want to fly with you eternally

I thank Jesus for a virtuous
Friend I have in you this is true love
My butterfly, we will fly
Into the skies, into the skies

I love you my butterfly
I want to be with you until I die
You are a precious gift to me
I want to fly with you eternally

I want to say just what I feel
I thank you Lord for a love that’s real
You bless my life and I will fly
Into the skies with my butterfly.


Again Jessica, I am sorry for talking to you like a child when in fact I am the child for talking to you that way. I love you my love.