Monday, December 05, 2005

Journal 12/5/05

Oh how the Master is passionate for people! How the Lord desires to bring us into a safe haven where He can sit with us and love on us with all that He is. The problem is our sin nature. God told us that He is like a consuming fire by nature. He is so holy, pure, undefiled and clean that by nature he is a consuming fire. And we as fallen creatures are like dried up leaves that have fallen from our life source and have withered as we have dried up. With our sin, depravity and unrighteousness we are like dead grass. What happens when you place an all consuming fire and some dead leaves together? By nature the fire consumes the leaves…it is never the other way around and the two can never be joined together and coexist. Even if the fire loves the leaves; they simply cannot coexist as the laws of nature will not allow them. As soon as the fire tries to hug the leaf; the leaf is devoured and consumed.

So the passionate Master in all His wisdom and glory creates a way for us to sit with Him and not get burned or devoured…He decided that He would burn and even devour His own Son; and the life sustaining blood of Jesus is the fire retardant we can use to come to the Father; the All Consuming One and not be burned up like chaff.

I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for the Father as He goes out of his way to create a way for me to come to Him. And now with the protection of the blood of Jesus; He bids me “Come”. He states that I can now enter into His throne room freely and as often as I want. I can come boldly and confidently knowing that He will sit with me and love on me. I do find that there is no better place than sitting with the One who loves me.

We have such a great God as Christians and with the blood of Jesus protecting us something new happens as we are in the presence of God. The Consuming One now is able to cleanse us the same way as fire purifies gold when the two meet. As we sit with the Master; His nature remains the same. He consumes….and with the shield of Jesus’ blood the only thing that gets consumed are the impurities that we have in us. The Fire purges us and the more time we spend with Him; the cleaner we get. We can never sit with the Master and walk away the same….NEVER. Every time we sit the Master we walk away different…we walk away cleaner…and that is what blows me away.

The contrary is also true. The longer we stay out of the presence of God; the dirtier we get. That is why at times Christians can be real jerks….because they are unholy, unclean and simply stink as they have lived in the trash of this world. They have not sat with the Father who cleanses them and washes them clean.

I have not sat with the Master as I ought, and man do I stink; but I tell you this simple truth; he bids me to come and so I will. The question now is: Will you?