Thursday, January 26, 2006

Journal 1/26/06

For where sin abounds grace abounds much more – Romans 5:20
What shall I say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! – Romans 6:1


These words haunt me. How can I as a believer live in such darkness even after I know the truth of God? So often I find myself living in deception. I think I am ok, but the truth is that I am deceived, I am NOT ok. And it only takes a moment for me to listen to my heart instead of the Lord and the next thing I know; I am way out in left field. My heart is desperately wicked, it really is and I need help.

Father,

Once again I have strayed from you and your word. I am coming back to you right now as I feel so convicted of my wickedness. Please forgive me for listening to and engaging my heart in lies. Your word is truth and without you and your word I am a hopeless man. Lord, I wish I would be more consistent in living righteously before you. But as I inventory my heart and my life, I find that the only thing I am consistent in is living unrighteously. I do what I want when I want the way I want and its simply rebellion against you my Lord. Please forgive me. Please heal my heart, I am a mess; an utter mess. I need you to give me a new heart and I ask that your grace truly would abound. Please have mercy on me Jesus. I am so sorry for straying once again and I need your forgiveness and mercy. I want to be consistent and yet I cannot unless you do the work inside of me. So please fulfill your promise to me. You promised in 1 Thessalonians 1:23, “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Please finish the work you started in my heart and cleanse me completely. Please completely cleanse my whole spirit, completely cleanse my whole soul and completely cleanse my whole body. I ask these things on the Merit of Jesus alone....