Thursday, January 11, 2007

Journal 1/11/07

Who am I that the God of all creation knows my name and feels my pain? I am but a flower who is quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow. I am like a wave in the ocean who peaks for a moment in time and then is gone. I am but a vapor in the wind; a mere breath lost in the air. Yet I am yours Jesus. I belong to you. Why do you love me so much?

Jesus it was your voice that calmed the sea and yet time and time again that same voice calls out through the rain and calms the many storms that rage within me. You whisper in the rain and tell me that Your are with me. You are my Healer and my Master. You are coming back to execute judgment and to redeem your people. Oh how I look forward to that day. What a wonderful hope that I have as I am placed in the mighty hands of my God. You reign forever and ever. You are worthy of all praise and honor, worship and glory! Oh how precious you are and how grateful I am to be the recipient of such an unconditional love.

Father, as your child I am crying out for the nations. Please heal the nations of the earth; please revive the nations from the dead. Please look down from your thrown my Lord and have pity upon mankind. We are so rebellious and wicked and yet you have been so patient with us. Have mercy on us Master…..please send a revival to the world once again. Please let salvation break out from city to city across the globe until multitudes call upon your name for their salvation. Oh God, use me to preach your word. Take me and cleanse me from the inside out so that I can be a tool in your hand. Empower me by your mighty power to walk in the Spirit with all humility. Use me to speak into people’s lives as you lead me to them or as you lead them to me.

God, can you give me the gift of exhortation? Can I have the gift of word of wisdom and word of knowledge? Help me to speak the words of life with your fire in my eyes. Help me to passionately pursue people as you do. Help me to share the words of life with all I come into contact with. Oh God, you have called me to share your wonderful gospel; empower me to do so.

So many times I forget the very words that you have spoken. I tend to forget the promises that you have made. I tend to doubt in my heart the very words that have sustained the elements in the world; your words. Please have mercy upon me and help me to engage my whole heart and being; as I surrender all that I am at your feet.

I long to know you; as I embrace your river of forgiveness, that flows without end. You are to me a beacon of light in the night sky. You are my desire; my hope, and I am yours. I lift my eyes to you my light, my passion, my all in all. I thank you that no matter what I go through or where I am, you remain who your are. You never change….thank you.

So speak to me so I can hear your voice, the voice of my redeemer. I long to obey you and your words….so please speak to me. Give me ears to hear you and wisdom to comprehend the incomprehensible. In Jesus name I pray…..So be it!