Friday, January 05, 2007

Journal 1/5/07

Do you ever just sit there and think about God? Do you ever just stop for a moment and try to imagine what his glory looks like? Have you ever tried to envision the look on his face as he gazes upon you? What does God look like? What is his demeanor? How does he carry himself when he walks into a room?

I try to picture in my minds eye the glory, the pureness, the majesty of God. Can you imagine it? Heaven is going to be clearer that HD TV. Instead of High Definition (HD) we will see our (ED) Eternal Destination. It will be amazing.

Jesus Christ is king! And as the lamb that was slain, he deserves all power, wealth, glory and never ending praise. All creation is going to bow as earth and heaven join in the celebration. What a glorious day that will be when Jesus is finally revealed as the King that he is. I simply can’t wait.

I can’t wait until all the peoples from the different nations of the earth circle around Gods throne and lift up one voice in praise and worship to the King of all glory. And you can bet it will happen, we even know the words that we will be singing. Revelation 5:8-13, “8 Now when He (Jesus) had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying:

"You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
10 And have made *us kings* and priests to our God;
And *we shall reign on the earth."

11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice:

"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive power and riches and wisdom,
And strength and honor and glory and blessing!"

13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

"Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!"

What a day that will be. I can hear in my mind the voice of God that is so powerful that when God speaks the heavens literally shake, yet with that same powerful voice, he whispers my name. He embraces me with those strong hands of his and I feel safe as he is my refuge. What a day! What a wonderful day!