Friday, January 12, 2007

Journal 1/12/07

Lord,

In your 1st coming you came without honor and without praise and you suffered so badly. You were mocked, spit upon and killed. You were not treated like the King that you are as you were humiliated by the very ones you created. When you were killed it looked like a devastating blow to a king; how in the world could the creation kill the Creator? Amazing! Disheartening! Scary!

But in your 2nd coming you will receive what is owed to you; and it won't be like you are taking something that is not yours, you deserve to be high and lifted up. You will return without a blemish and you will judge the nations for the depths of their depravity. For you are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. You are worthy to be the judge of all men for you know the thoughts of man. You know the heart of man. You are able to judge righteously and fairly and your judgment is good.

And like before, man will try to kill you; but you are coming back in the glory that you left behind when you came in your 1st coming. You are not leaving that glory behind this time around. And you will not be killed by man, but on the contrary, you will destroy your enemies. You will crush them under the winepress of the wrath of Almighty God. And you will do so in righteousness.

Thank you for being more than a mere man. Thank you for being the God of all things. I am totally blown away that you, being all powerful, yet you know me and have called me your friend. What an honor it is to be associated with the King of kings. You know my name.....and as I think about that, I look at the most powerful men on earth, and they have no idea that I exist. Yet you know my name and you are interested in me. Wow...what a thought!

When I see how big you are and how small I am in comparison to you, my mind almost short-circuits. I mean you are big! You are famous; you are powerful and have subdued nations and kingdoms. And yet, you know my name. The King of all glory sings over me and prepares a feast for me. The God of all life, has numbered and named every hair on my head and speaks to me. Wow, God actually speaks to me....UN-BE-LEIV-ABLE!

It would be amazing to receive a phone call from the President of the United States or from a celebrity, but how much more amazing it is to hear the voice of God. Whoa!!! I am totally flabbergasted. When I think about you in this sense I am totally amazed. You are not some far distant cloud in the sky or some well thought up conceived idea that someone mused upon in times past. You are real and you are personal and can you believe it, GOD KNOWS WHO I AM!!!! GOD KNOWS ME!!!!

I don’t know if you have ever seen the cartoon movie “Cars” but I feel like Fred, the rusty car that keeps losing his front bumper. Whenever a celebrity would read his license plate (Which said Fred) he would get all excited and say, “He KNOWS MY NAME!!! HE KNOWS MY NAME!!” That is how I feel but even more so when it comes to the Lord. HE KNOWS ME!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT GOD KNOWS ME!!! WOW!!!!

I want to shout it to the world…..GOD KNOWS ME, HE KNOWS WHO I AM, HE HAS PREPARED A FEAST FOR ME…IN-MY-HONOR!!!

Wow….all I can say is wow!

Psalm 8, “1 To the Chief Musician. On the instrument of Gath. A Psalm of David. O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth, Who have set Your glory above the heavens! 2 Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, 4 What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? 5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, 7 All sheep and oxen-- Even the beasts of the field, 8 The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas. 9 O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth!