Monday, August 29, 2005

The Bread of God (John 6:22-59) 2/5/04

The Bread of God is something that is tenderly prepared
This Bread brings life to the soul; it's food the Father shares

Eat this bread until you're full or you're about to burst
For this Bread feeds the hungry and it satisfies all thirst

The Bread of Life is "He", who gives life to the dying soul
Eat of this Bread, to your delight, eat up untill you're full.

I AM the Bread of Life; are the words that Jesus said
Your fathers ate the manna and behold; look, they are dead

I AM the living Bread of Life; watch Me, don't be deceived
For I came down from Heaven, to save those who believe

Moses couldn't help them when it was their time to die
He ran out of manna; he had a limitied supply.

My Bread is Eternal, it satisfies forevermore
He who eats this Bread will live, for thus sayeth the Lord

He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me
I've come to open up your eyes so that you can clearly see

My point is simple yet profound, I hope you will believe
That the scriptures, which you have read; they testify of Me.