Monday, August 29, 2005

Journal 8/29/05



The weather outside is cold and crisp. It's raining and I love it. I am so glad that the Lord of Heaven made a way for me to move my family and I to the Northwest. It is so beautiful here. I am in total awe at the splendor and beauty that this state and country has. I really am blessed.

But for whatever reason I have had this feeling that I am experiencing the calm before the storm. I have had a strange feeling in my gut since yesterday and I don't know why. I don’t know if something bad is going to happen personally or nationally, but I can sense an eeriness in the air. This feeling brings sobriety to me. I have blown it so many times in my life and we as a nation have turned our backs on the One who loves us more times than I can imagine.




Is His fair and righteous judgment coming? Is God going to judge America and us as a nation? Are all the natural calamities and perils a sign of what’s to come? Is it just a coincident that every single disaster in the last 6 years has happened within 72 hours after we pressured Israel to abandon their land? Joel chapter three in the Bible comes to my mind as I think about these things. Is God judging our nation for pressuring Israel to divide its land? I don't know. But if you do your homework, you will find that after EVERY single decision that America has made in the so called peace process in the last 6 years we have suffered GREATLY by either natural disasters or terror. If anything it's at least intriguing.



We pressured Israel to leave its land that we call occupied by unauthorized settlements. And within 72 hours of the 1st withdraw from the land, hurricane Katrina comes out of nowhere. This is a category 5 hurricane and it is hitting the heart of America. It scares me. I love being American. I love my freedoms and living in this land that has been blessed for so long. But we have pressured Israel to abandon the land promised to them by our Creator; and now we may be on the verge of something that so powerful; that even the Mighty America may not be able to stand; God’s judgment.



Oh God of heaven, have mercy on us as a nation. Please forgive us and help our political leaders see the truths found in your word. Help us to stand united for Israel and please move our leaders to do the right, biblical thing. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Bill Scott, Sr.