Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Show me Your Glory!

Lord, show me Your glory was what I had asked
Little did I know this was such a huge task
In order for God to fulfill this request
His Son would need too suffer and be laid to rest.

No way! You can’t do that, Your Son cannot die!
Was all I could muster as I tried to reply
But God said, “He has too if you want to see My glory
Don’t worry my child; it’s not the end of the story.”

“But why must He suffer for me in this way?
Why must Your Son die and go to His grave?”
“He needs too for there is no forgiveness for sin
Unless His blood is spilled; there is no hope for men.

I sobbed and I wept as I heard the hard news
“My heart cannot take this; I’m really confused”
I wept even louder as God’s Son came into view
“Behold” a man said, “Here’s the King of the Jews!”

His face was all bloody, He was bruised everywhere
He did not even look human; my heart sank in despair.
The events that transpired right before my eyes
Filled my soul with all terror as I wept and I cried.

I heard people shouting and calling Him names
“He was able to save others! Save Yourself just the same!”
He said nothing at all as He was mocked and was scorned
The mob was real angry; a few women there mourned.

Then all of a sudden God’s Son yelled out something new
He quoted a scripture from Psalm twenty-two.
“My God, don’t forsake Me!” was what He had cried
He took a few more hard breaths then He painfully died

My heart sank in horror my head bowed in shame
I know that my life will never be the same
How can this bring glory to the Father of light?
This thing is a nightmare it doesn’t seem right.

But behind the pain something else was going on
God knew that my night would soon turn to dawn
But I could not see this as the pain was too hard to take
I thought Christ was dead, as I suffered and ached

“All is against me” or so that’s what I thought
The suffering endured I assumed was my lot
But something new happened and it’s glorious for all
Christ rose from the dead in Glory as I stood there in awe.

All of the agony that this trial did bring
Has fled so far away, as I dance and I sing
God’s glory revealed in His Son I now see
God answered my prayer; I now see God’s Glory!

Bill Scott, Sr.