Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Journal 8/23/05


So my friends are in town from California. What a blessing. I really missed them and I am sad that they are leaving to go home today. We had an incredible time of prayer and worship last night in my home. As we were singing and praying, I found that I really missed the spiritual connection that I had with my friends in California. So my prayer is that God would again allow me to have the same spiritual connection with the new friends that I hopefully will make here in Oregon.
My wife and I have decided that we are going to be opening our home once again for prayer and worship. It is such an important part of our lives and when we stray from moving out and seeking the Lord in this fashion; we tend to suffer as we tend to lose focus on the One who sealed us for the day of redemption. I am really excited about starting the Friday night prayer and worship. It is in these meetings that I have had the most intimate times with my Father in heaven. And if no one shows up; that is ok, because I am confident that God himself will show up and meet with us each week.
How I long to be more like the Master. I love my Creator and He loves me. I can't wait to hear from Him as I know He will love me, rebuke me, correct me, encourage me, and help me to walk a life worthy of bearing His name. I don't fear His rod as it truly does comfort me because God corrects in love. And though I have truly lost my focus; I know He will show me where my heart is and where it ought to be. And that really excites me.
I can feel the Lord approaching upon the horizon and I am excited to see Him. I want to prepare my heart for Him. I want to be found doing what is proper as He comes to me. I want to bring the Lord honor and through His Spirit's prompting and leading, I am sure that together this can be done. No more will I live for myself and shame the Lord. From here on out He is the One I will follow. Oh God, lead me and help me stay true to you.
Bill Scott, Sr.