Monday, August 29, 2005

My Nightmare

(Written on 2/11/05)
I awoke this morning, or so I thought
To a whole new world, free of distraught.
The sun was shining, the skies were blue
Was this a dream? I had no clue.

So I got up and rubbed my eyes
I stretched my hands up towards the sky
I strolled into the living room
Where I smelled a sweet perfume.

"BEHOLD!" I heard a girl's voice say
As I turned to look that way.
I saw my kids all sitting there
They just played, as I just stared.

I then looked up so I could see
The voice that was speaking to me.
The voice was sweet, pleasant to hear
She was full of grace, and full of cheer.

My face lit up as I stood up straight
It was my wife, my loving soul mate.
The words she spoke were, "I love you!"
I knew the words she spoke were true.

I smiled as I looked at her
Her health problems were now a blur
For as she stood there I could see
The size of her little belly.

I scratched my head and tried to think
I rubbed my eyes until they blinked
She had no baby in her womb
BEHOLD! our baby's in this room.

I looked again below my knees
I saw not two kids, I saw three.
Tobi and Billy with his curls
Were playing with my baby girl

I leaped for joy at what I saw
Mercy was here, I stood in awe.
"She's beautiful" was all I could speak
As I stood my legs grew weak.

I fell to the floor to pick her up
I looked at Toby, he said "Sup"
I rubbed my eyes to stop the tears
I just can't believe that Mercy's here

As I rubbed my eyes real deep
I heard a really distant beep
I lowered my hands to my dismay
It was now time to start my day

"What is this?" I was in shock
For the loud beep was my alarm clock.
It was dream, no that cant be
My baby girl was here with me.

My nightmare starts right here you see
It's called real life; no, not that dream
For now my baby girl's not here
Reality speaks loud and clear

In time, I'm sure that things will change
Where dreams are real and life's not strange
Until then I'll rest in my sleep
Where nightmares end until…beep, beep, beep

(Time to get up again!!!)