Thursday, September 29, 2005

Proverbs Eight

Does not wisdom cry aloud?
And lift her voice above the crowd

She takes her stand on the hill top
Besides the way where paths meet up

She cries out by the city gates
She lifts her voice to those who wait

To you, O men, I wisdom, call
My voice is to the sons of all

Oh simple ones, and you fools’ too
Understand all I say and do

Listen, I will speak great truths
From my mouth, I will speak to you

No wickedness is on my lips
Only words of truth and righteousness

Nothing crooked or perverse
My truths are plain to those who thirst

Receive instruction straight from me
They’re worth more than gold or rubies

For all the things one may desire
Compared with me are muck and mire

For I am, intelligent
I find knowledge and discretion

The fear of God is to always hate
Pride, Arrogance, and Perversity

Wisdom and counsel are mine
They will stand the tests of time

I understand, I have great strength
By me alone, do all kings reign

By me princes and nobles rule
They pour forth justice upon the fool

I love those, who do love me
So seek me, diligently

For riches, honor, and righteousness
I’ll give to you in faithfulness

Because my fruit is more than gold
Yes, greater than the things of old

I traverse the righteous way
Those who love me will not stray

Do you want wealth, then follow me
For I will fill your treasuries

For God possessed me in His way
From the beginning until this day

I was here; I’ve had no birth
Yes, I was here before the earth

There were no depths or fountains flowing
No mountains, hills, or grass growing

While yet God had not made the fields
Before the Lord started to build

I was here when God made the skies
I saw Gods’ work with my own eyes

He drew a circle on the deep
Created clouds, all thing that creep

He created fountains, sea, and land
That they should obey His command

He gave them boundaries with His own hand
I was there as His craftsman

And I was daily His delight
Because my ways are always right

My joys’ in the work of Gods’ hand
Yes, I delight in the sons of man

Now therefore listen to me
Blessed are those who truly keep

All of my ways, for they are wise
When they don’t disdain me, nor despise

Watch me daily at my gates
Wait at my door don’t hesitate

To him who finds me I will give
To him new life, yes, he shall live

But he who wrongs me by his lie
Wrongs his soul and he will die.