Thursday, September 29, 2005

Psalm Two

Why do the nations rage my LORD, and people plot vain things?
Where kings on earth do set themselves, and rulers’ counsel say:
Let’s break their bonds in pieces, and cast away their cords
For we’re against Gods’ anointed; yes, we’re against the LORD

For He who sits in heaven, shall laugh at the wicked
The LORD shall speak to them in wrath, and hold them in derision
And distress them in His displeasure, yes; this is what will be
For on My Holy hill, Zion; is where I’ve set My King

I will declare a decree, The LORD has said to me
You are My Son, I’ve begotten You, I give you, ask of Me
I give You Your inheritance, the nations You possess
You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces

Now therefore, you must be wise O kings, and you rulers of the earth
Serve the LORD with fear; rejoice, tremble for what it’s worth
Kiss the Son, lest He gets mad and you perish in the way
For blessed are those who trust in Him, when His wrath has gone away.