Thursday, September 29, 2005

Proverbs Five

My son, my son, listen to me.
Heed my wisdom, my understanding.

That you'll preserve and be discrete.
With your knowledge set in concrete.

For the wicked woman lives a lie.
Those who turn there will surely die.

Her steps lay hold of the gates of hell.
Please know these truths and know them well.

Heed the words that come from my mouth.
And run away from this woman's house.

Lest she take from you all of your health.
And her friends be filled with all your wealth.

Don't spend your time with her my son.
Lest you give your years to the cruel one.

And you mourn at last when you are consumed.
When once this woman has sealed your doom.

Don't hate instruction, don't despise rebuke.
Don't reject the teachers of your youth.

Please drink water from your own cistern.
Heed my advice, and turn from her.

Why should your fountains be discarded?
For this woman, for this harlot?

I pray your fountain will be blessed.
With your own wife's satisfying breast.

Always be ravished with her love.
And flee the harlot mentioned above.

For the ways of man are before the Lord.
Don't get entangled in sinful cords.

For God does ponder all of your ways.
Don't be a fool, don't go astray.