Thursday, September 29, 2005

Psalm Three

LORD, how they have increased, those who trouble my soul
For they rise against me, there’s so many, don’t you know?
Many say against me, they say this and it’s odd
They say there is no help for him who trusts in my God.

But You O Lord do shield me; You’re my Glory, You lift my head
I cried to You, O Lord with my voice, You heard everything that I said

I lay down and slept, I awoke, Lord; it’s me that you sustain
I will not be afraid, O Lord, of ten thousand men this day
They set themselves against me; they’re all around you know
Arise O Lord and save me, strike my enemies, my foes
Selah

Arise my Lord, arise my God, save me, I’m all alone
For you have struck my enemies; You have struck their cheek bones
You have broken the teeth, of the ungodly ones
Salvation belongs to the Lord; Your blessings upon Your sons.
Selah.