Thursday, September 29, 2005

Proverbs Seven

My son, my son, you must obey
Treasure my words and never stray

Keep my commands so you may live
Flee from the immoral woman

Bind my law upon your finger
Say to wisdom you’re my sister

Keep my law before your eyes
Flee the seductress or you’ll die

For outside my window was a man
Who had no clue, did not understand

He took the path that’s near her house
He met the harlot and was aroused

She is crafty, loud, and keen
She’s never home, always lurking

On the corner, she saw him there
She caught his eyes and saw him stare

She ran to him in such a bliss
Threw up her arms, gave him a kiss

With a shameless face she said
Come home with me, I’ve perfumed my bed

My husbands gone, I’m all alone
Let’s delight in love, come on, let’s go!

With enticing speech, she made him stop
And captured him, just like an ox

He was caught up in her snare
Because this young man did not care

His lust consumed him like a river
Till an arrow pierced his liver

As he took another’s wife
He had no idea it would cost his life

Therefore my child, listen again
To these words I have spoken

Don’t let your heart follow her ways
Get off the path she’s on today

For she has wounded many men
Even the strong ones could not win

Her house is on the path to hell
Where chambers await all those who fell